PETRA’S GHOST is one of the American Library Association’s Book Club Central picks. A great choice for your next group read!
If you contact the author here , she may even come and join you. Failing that, see below for some suggested book club discussion questions.
Petra’s Ghost Book Club Discussion Questions
- Petra’s Ghost often reads like a travelogue of the beautiful landscapes and landmarks passed through while walking the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage in Spain. Which one would you want to go see the most and why?
- How do grief and guilt intertwine in the story and how do these two heavily charged emotions play off one another in real life?
- What do you think the book is saying about medically assisted death and do you agree with it?
- Did the book make you want to walk the Camino yourself? Which character would you want most to walk it with?
- Rob tells Daniel, that not all ghosts mean to harm you, but they all carry messages. What message do you think is meant for Daniel?
- Did you think the ghosts in this story were real or imagined?
- Petra’s Ghost has appeared on several “horror genre” lists. Did you find the book frightening? Does it fit your idea of horror? How might this genre be changing or making a comeback in recent years?
- The book has several hidden (and not so hidden) references to Dante’s Inferno. Did you find any of them? (NB – Contact the author to see if you got all of them!)